“You're the only reason I keep on coming home”

Friday, March 28, 2008

Sweet pea
Apple of my eye
Don't know when and I don't know why
You're the only reason I keep on coming home
Sweet pea
Keeper of my soul
I know sometimes I'm out of control
You're the only reason I keep on coming home


Hola to everyone out in the blogger world. This entry’s song is dedicated to Bhatji :o) I know I tend to get mushy for no reason….well when you love some one you don’t need a reason to be mushy hehe.
I’m at home in NJ this week and next. I have had quite a bit of work but more than anything else I managed to rest and relax…you can never have enough R&R. Last weekend we went out to a new hot spot in DC called Park, where I met up with what seemed like my entire college. It was a throwback weekend like whoa! It’s always good to see dear friends who you just fit in with….like you never really parted ways. Good times :o) I am looking forward to this weekend with old friends visiting and plans partying NYC style!
I know I’ve slacked a bit with recipes and especially because I’m participating in so many foodie events. So without much ado here is my entry for Sig’s Mixed Drink Event. After scouring all my fav foodie blogger sites I decided to follow a popular Indian drink: Mango Lassi. I am picky about lassi's….they’re often a hit or miss at Indian restaurants. So I was thrilled to see Shilpa from aayis recipes sharing her recipe for this drink. I know mango lassi’s are considered a summer treat but I couldn’t help myself….I had to make this shake right away. So here is Shilpa’s recipe for Mango Lassi with a lil addition of my own:

Ingredients:
Mango pulp 1/4 cup (I used tinned mango pulp)
Curd/yogurt 1/2 cup
Milk 1/4 cup
Sugar 2 tea spns
¼ tsp of Elaichi powder (my addition)

To make:
Mix all the ingredients in a blender until it is the thick liquid consistency you want it to be. If you like it real liquidy, add more milk and if you like it thick like a milk shake then add more yogurt and mango pulp. Serve chilled.
This recipe goes to Sig’s Monthly Blog Patrol – Mixed drinks.


This is a super simple recipe from Shilpa. Thanks Shilpa hehe….you made my tummy very happy. Well that’s all for now folks…I really need to get a lot of cleaning done. I will be back very soon with more yummy recipes :o) Happy Friday to you!

10 comments:

Dhivya said...

wow!my all time favorite!!!!great entry anu and i like the way of ur writing!!!

Anonymous said...

Looks like mango fever started already. Love mango. Lassi looks absolutely refreshing. Nice entry.

Sig said...

aaaawwww, that is a sweet poem, someone is all mushy-mushy today... :) Thanks for the entry darling... looks awesome!

Srivalli said...

Mr. Bhatji is very lucky...somebody is in real mood today!..:D...great drink..who wouldn't want to come home atleast for this...hhahahahahah...:D

Sushma said...

My all time fav this is

Deeba PAB said...

Lovely words...& mushy as peas!! YAY!! Love the colour of your drink of choice...feel like diving right into it! Beautiful yellow.

AnuZi said...

Dhivya, Shriya,

Thanks guys. Its true...its almost summer and mangoes are on my mind :o)

Sig,
hehe I think when I am with Bhatji I tend to be a happier person :o) glad you liked the entry dear. I am happy that you have such an awesome event. It was exciting to be a participant.

AnuZi said...

Srivalli,

you are right dear...I am definitely a good mood. Maybe its all that sugar from the lassi.

Smn, its one of my favs too :o)

Passionate, I know isnt it beautiful. Yellow automatically reminds of sunny summers in India and mangoes. Thanks for stopping by dahling.

Cynthia said...

I can just imagine how good this tastes.

AnuZi said...

It was absolutely Delish Cynthia. Wish you could have indulged along with me.

 
Life with Extra Mirchi - by Templates para novo blogger