“Hey hey hey, I’m losing you yeah, ain't love the sweetest thing”

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Baby’s got blue skies up ahead
But in this I’m a rain cloud
You know she likes a dry kind of love
Oh oh oh, the sweetest thing

Yea I know it has been long…but what to do? sometimes work life is not so easy. On a happier note Mzswats is staying with me for the next 3 days before she goes back to NYC. She has had a lot of decisions to make but whatever she decides I will support. Its what makes her happy :o) I have decided to cheer her up by taking her out to dinner and getting her a lil drunk at happy hours. Nothing like sisterly bonding over some liquor!
Last weekend my parents hosted a graduation celebration picnic for Bhatji and Mzswats. Lots of good family, friends, food and beautiful weather made the picnic successful. We played bingo, balancing a lemon on a spoon game. For one day we were all big kids running around not worrying about the real world. Ahh good times!
Last Friday, I made one of Bhatji’s favorite dishes, Hakka noodles. I had bought some pork chops a while ago hoping for a bbq. Since that hasn’t happened yet, I decided to make Indo Asian style pork chops and mint yogurt chutney to go along with the Hakka noodles. It was soooo good! I don’t usually prepare pork so this dish turned out to be a success and Bhatji was inhaling it! I have shared recipe for Hakka noodles in the past so here is the recipe for Asian Grilled Pork chops.

Ingredients for broiled Pork Chops:
2 lean Pork chops
3 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon of veg.oil
1 tablespoon of dry rosemary
1 tsp pepper
2 tsp of dry Thyme
Salt to taste
To Make:
Combine soy sauce, mustard, Wostershire sauce, veg. oil, pepper, rosemary, thyme into a ziplock bag. Add the pork to the bag. After squeezing the air out, seal the bag and make sure the meat is well coated with the marinade. Refrigerate for 2 hours (the longer the better or even 30 mins could work for quick marinade) Preheat the oven to 300 degrees. Remove the chops from the marinade. Pan sear the chops on a pan for 3 mins on each side. Place the chops in an oven safe pan and add the extra marinade on top. Season the chops with salt and pepper. Broil the chops for about 7-8 mins on each side until done. Remove and cool for a few min before serving.

Ingredients for Mint yogurt chutney:
½ cup fresh mint leaves, well rinsed
½ cup cilantro leaves, well rinsed
2 cloves garlic
¼ cup onion, chopped
2 tablespoons lime juice
¼ cup plain yogurt
Salt to taste
Water as needed
To Make:
Blend all ingredients in a blender. Add water to liquefy if needed. Serve with chops.



You can also cook the chops on an outdoor grill. It will add smoky flavors to the meat. Hopefully one these days Bhatji and I will get some time to grill outdoors. The weathers too nice these days and there’s nothing like the summer breeze and yummy bbq! That’s all for this entry…until the next delectable entry…Happy Eating!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

awww Anu!! I did cheer up. I had fun at the happy hour and I know you did too.. the bouncer from Mein Yu and pretty much everyone at Johnny Rockets can attest ;-) haha. I think by this weekend a LOT of pending if's and but's can get resolved. Your advice really helped putting things into perspective.

I miss you and I miss your futon! Can't wait to be back home for a while to make our hangouts more regular. Love youuuuuuuu!

 
Life with Extra Mirchi - by Templates para novo blogger