“Aaja Sohneya…Ghar Aaja Sohneya”

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Tere Baajon Jee Nain Lagda
Main Tay Marr Gai Thaan
Aaja Sohneya
Ghar Aaja Sohneya


I know I know I have been awful about updating the blog but I can’t help it! I have been busy at work and then I have been booked with social engagements. Yes that’s right! After all the moaning and complaining that I don’t have a core group around…I have made efforts to meet new folks and then try to go out as often as possible. Bhatji isn’t home during the week and so I have nothing else to do but be a social butterfly. In other news, I auditioned for a Bollywood dance teacher’s position, and I am pretty sure that I screwed up! I can’t fathom why I was so nervous and why I messed up so badly in front of 2 girls. I love to dance and perform. Crowds have never made me nervous but I guess I have been out of touch with dance and it took me forever to choreograph a one minute piece :o( By the time I got in and out…I pretty much knew I lost my shot at it. Ahh but it felt good to get back into the groove of dancing. I miss my dance crew soo much. If I could I would love to gather those girls together and have one big reunion performance…but for now I guess I have to keep trying out. I’m used to trying out girls to join my team and not me trying out for another dance team. Let me tell you it’s a nerve racking experience. I even replayed the dance sequence in my head and was disappointed at how many mistakes I made. Sigh.
Well on to the foodie part of this blog. My mom had given me this dry spicy potato dish that goes perfectly with roti or yogurt rice. I had this idea of making a wrap with some leftover rotis, cheese and onions and it turned out superb! It made a perfect meal for just lil ole me :o) So here is the recipe for spicy potato wrap:

Ingredients:
4 medium size potatoes
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp mustard seeds
¼ tsp ginger paste
¼ tsp turmeric powder
2 tsp red chilli powder
Lemon juice
1-2 tbsp oil
salt to taste
2 rotis
One small red onion chopped
Shredded cheese as needed
2 green chilies chopped

To Make:
Wash and peel potatoes. Cut into wedges or large cubes and boil them in salted water until tender. Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds. When they begin to splutter add cumin and sesame seeds. Add ginger paste, turmeric and red chili powder and sauté for a few minutes. Add potatoes and season to taste. Stir until they are well coated with spices. Sprinkle lemon juice and serve hot.
Take a roti and add the potatoes in the center of the roti. Top the potatoes with onions and then cheese and a few green chilies. Use a sandwich maker to heat the wrap in it and it will turn out to look like an empanada. MMMM soo good!



Try this recipe and let me know how it turns out for you. So until the next yummy recipe… Happy Blogging!

P.S (I can’t wait till Bhatji comes home this weekend so I can cook up a storm. I miss him too much :o( Hence the song on my blog)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok that made my stomach growl! I want Anu-style kati roll!! I'm so glad you blogged so early about your audition because now you'll have an AWESOME entry to write ;-) So proud of you Anunununuuuu! Who rules, you do you do!

 
Life with Extra Mirchi - by Templates para novo blogger