“I'm digging you, I'm feeling you and you know what's up”

Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Said I'm big on you
And I'm wanting you
So tell me what's up


I will be in NYC for my sister’s graduation towards the end of this week. I am excited, not only because she is finally done with school but also coz they will be showing her final project, a short animated cartoon film at the Radio City Music Hall! I feel like a proud mama. Yep you can expect me to be that loud annoying family member who goes camera happy and cheering like I am in some wild Las Vegas bar! Graduations are so exciting, because you are truly done with a big chapter of your life or maybe you can start pretending to be a grown up. In my family, as any typical Indian family, anything related to education is considered a big deal. And as we are hardcore Konkani family, we will be celebrating with food and drinks. Congratulations MzSwats. You are a “growed up”! Well….sort off ;o)
This past Saturday, while Bhatji was off taking his last final for this semester, I decided to make him a scrumptious brunch. I knew he was going to be in dire need of sleep, since he didn’t get much of that during his finals week. But I knew that most of all he was going to be hungry! Usually he isn’t around on Saturdays since he has class all day and so When I am all by myself at home, I am content with some toast and coffee. But because Bhatji was going to be home by noon I knew I needed to make something really yummy and satisfying so I decided to make a Frittata, which is a baked veggie omelet. I know I have mentioned before that Bhatji loves eggs…so I knew this was a sure fire way to please him. And indeed it did! I referred to Ashwini’s recipe with just some minor changes and also used my mom’s Indian omelet recipe to make the perfect Veggie Frittata:

Ingredients:
5 eggs
1/4 cup milk
1 medium onion roughly chopped
1/2 red bell pepper cut in cubes
1/2 green bell pepper in cubes
1 tsp dried basil
1-2 tsp Italian seasoning
2 green chilies cut into small pieces
3 tbsp shredded cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
1 tbsp of Olive oil

To Make:
Pre heat oven to 400°F. Whisk eggs in a mixing bowl with salt and pepper. Add milk and cheese and whisk again and let it sit. Heat the oil in a pan and cook the onions till they brown. Add the red peppers and sauté for about 3 mins. Add salt, pepper, dried basil, Italian seasoning and green chilies, cook for about 2 mins. Spoon the cooked veggies into a baking pan and pour the egg mixture on top. Bake at 400°F for 20 minutes. You can slide you knife to make sure the eggs are not runny which will indicate that the Frittata is done. Take out of the oven and serve hot!
Since Bhatji is neither a coffee nor a tea drinker, I served his slice of Frittata with a cold glass of light Cranberry juice. I, of course could not do without my coffee. We followed the big meal with some grapes for dessert. It was the perfect brunch! It’s such wonderful Saturday afternoons that I love!


Not sure when I can blog again….probably not until next week. But don’t fret my blogtastic friends; I will be back with more yummy recipes to share, until then…Happy eating and blogging!

2 comments:

archana said...

anuuuuu! before you go and enjoy your sister, complete the meme i tagged you in! or at least keep it in mind during your NYC romp so that you can fill it out when you get back :)

sometimes memes can be a little silly, but this one was actually a useful exercise. i'd love to read your response!

enjoy your trip :)

Anonymous said...

Hi!

Was wondering if you can help me find a restaurant in NYC that has good Konkani food?

I can be reached at amitm@transcare.com

thanks much,
Amit

 
Life with Extra Mirchi - by Templates para novo blogger