“Overground, watch this space, I'm open to falling from grace”

Monday, April 30, 2007

Calm me down
Bring it round
Too way high off your street
I can see like nothing else
In me you're better than I wanna be.
Don't think 'cos I understand I care
Don't think 'cos I'm talking we're friends

What a week/weekend…in my last blog entry I had mentioned that my best friend Steph was down here in my area for a conference/visiting me. So I soaked up as much Stepheezie time as I could. We had a small UMBC reunion at Modern and I also got some time in with my breaker boys. I can’t believe that they were all there and nothing has changed…well except one of my favorite breaker, Vince is getting married! All in all it was grand time, dancing away and diving into nostalgia of all the good ole time. Sigh. I feel old…it all seems so long ago. We have all grown up and are doing grown up things but at least we all managed to bring out the college kid in each other…even if it was for one night :o)
My sis Mzswats was also down in DC this weekend and we partied it up like 2003 ;o) and Bhatji was partying with his boys in Chicago…I guess this weekend was all about mini reunions and I wish we all had more weekends like this past one. Now on to the recipes; Bhatji loves eggs. He likes them scrambled, omelets, egg fried rice but most of all he looooooves egg curry. So after looking through recipes and finding Nupurs recipe...last week I made an excellent meal called Egg rasa (Marathi style curry), peas and carrots pilaf and raita. Needless to say it left Bhatji drooling for more :o)

Ingredients for Peas and Carrots pilaf:
A cup of frozen peas and carrots
2 cups of basmati rice
1 tsp of Jeera
1 tbl sp of oil
Salt as needed
To make:
Heat the oil in a pan and add the Jeera, when it splutters add the peas and carrots and cook for about 2-3 mins. In a rice cookers add the 2 cups of rice to 4 cups of water add the salt and mix well. Then add the peas and carrots mixture to the rice cooker and cook till it’s done. Once it is done make sure you fluff the rice to ensure the peas and carrots are evenly distributed in the rice.

Ingredients for Raita:
One small onion
2 green chilies
A pinch of hing
½ cup of yogurt
Water as needed
Cilantro for garnish
Salt to taste
To make:
Slice the onion into thin long slices. Add the onions and all the other ingredients from above. Use water for desired consistency and garnish with cilantro.

This meal did not long to prepare because while you are making the curry the rice will be cooking on it own. And the raita take only about a few mins. But never the less this simple meal felt like it was fit for a king….well Bhatji felt like one for the night :o) Until the next scrumptious blog, happy eating and happy blogging!

0 comments:

 
Life with Extra Mirchi - by Templates para novo blogger