“Just like a legend that rises and then falls I cannot be his only one”

Thursday, January 4, 2007

"And like a callous, cold, callous woman she'll never know what she did done
So like this legend that rises and then falls I'll never be his only one"


Happy New Year!
I wish everyone a wonderful year! A year filled with laughter, love, health and many other good wishes :o)
I myself don’t believe in resolutions. I think it’s too easy to make resolutions and just as easy to break them…so I usually just try to put things into action. So I have only started going to the gym, making an attempt to eat healthy and drink more water and last but not least, I am already making efforts to keep more in touch with my family and friends. Amit and I had a wonderful time at Ranjit’s house in Dallas as we rang in the New Years with some fantastic konks! Even though we were there for one night, it felt like I had hung out with them forever. I realized that this is the best way you know that you are comfortable with people…you don’t have to call them everyday or even email them 10 times a day, you just start off conversations as if you have been chatting forever! I really hope I get to hang out more with these konks and the people in Houston as well. Before I left for Texas, I spent some quality time with the rents, Swati, hosted a small but successful game night, and even managed to rekindle old friendships with UMBC peeps! It’s amazing where everyone is and it is even more remarkable that is has really been 4 years since we all graduated!
In other news, I have been cooking a lot and am thinking of blogging simple recipes. Who knows how much I will be able to write..since I have a proven record of being lazy with my writing!! Hehe. Besides the food blogs I have been into lately have pics..which seem to be a pain to post on blogspot site. But until then here’s a simple recipe for Beans Upkari, that Amit and I both love and the best part is it is a Konkani dish ;o)
You need..
1) Frozen or fresh French cut beans
2) 5 Garlic cloves (garlic paste will not work)
3) 2-3 Dried red chilies cut in halves (avble at all Indian stores)
4) Salt as per your taste
5) 2 tsp of vegetable oil

Peel the skin of the garlic cloves and fry lightly in oil. After about 2 mins add the red chilies. When the aroma of the garlic starts getting strong add the beans and cook for about 4-5 mins. Add salt and serve. It’s that simple :o) Also very yummy and healthy!
More to say in the New Year :o)

0 comments:

 
Life with Extra Mirchi - by Templates para novo blogger