“In the summertime girls got it going on, shake and wiggle to a hip hop song”

Friday, July 27, 2007

New Kids On The block, had a bunch of hits
Chinese food makes me sick.
And I think its fly when girls stop by for the summer, for the summer
I like girls that wear Abercrombie and Fitch,
I'd take her if I had one wish,
But she's been gone since that summer
Since that summer


I am so happy that it is finally Friday!! Bhatji will be home soon and for good, 2 of my favorite lil girls, Sumi and Tina are staying with me and I love my dance class students! Whew…I am not sure how I have been able to contain all this excitement but I think that the summer sun has also put me in an extremely good mood. It’s very hot outside but I love it! I just went to the farmers market right outside my building and bought plums, cucumbers and banana peppers and it cost me only $3! Can you believe it? I mean I know farmers markets usually are a lil on the pricier end compared to super markets but you know you are getting quality veggies and fruits and you also know you are doing a small but very valuable contribution in saving the environment. Most supermarkets ship their produce from all parts of the country and import from other countries as well. These ships require tons of gas and also they emit masses of terrible waste and gaseous matter that pollute our environment. Also by the time the super markets get these products, a lot of them loose their freshness and some go bad. The local farmers usually drive no more than an hour to set up shop in your neighborhood which means they are using less petroleum and you are getting fresh quality products that have been picked out just the day before. These products taste yummy and they last longer in your refrigerator as well. Also at the farmers market you will see a lot of the local farmers with signs that say “no Pesticides” which means that their veggies and fruits are healthier for your body and for the Earth :o) I know its hard to shop at Farmers Markets all the time….especially if you live in a city where the colder months are long and Farmers markets can be a little harder on your wallet. But even if you buy a few fruits, flowers, veggies or even their baked goods you can be healthier while going green. So visit your local farmers market today!
Ok enough commercials about bettering your self and the environment and on to the foodie section of the blog. This past week I went out to lots of social dinners but on Wednesday all I wanted to do was to eat an easy and homemade meal. I noticed that I have some left over pasta (no sauces) and I thought I might make an indo Chinese version of the fried rice and substitute the rice with pasta. It came excellent and I think I am going to have make some more for Bhatji. I am sure it will be a hit with him! So here is the recipe for Spicy curry pasta:
Ingredients:
2 cups cooked pasta (any kind will do. I used farfelle)
1 cup frozen peas, carrots or veggies of choice
1 medium onion chopped
1 ½ tsp curry powder
1/4 tsp haldi powder
1 tsp red chili powder
½ tsp fresh ground black pepper
3 tbsp light Soya sauce
2 tbl spn of chicken or veggie flavoring
1 tbsp oil
Salt, to taste

To Make:
Heat the oil in a pan and fry the onions till transparent. Add vegetables and cook for a minute or two. Add salt, pepper, curry powder, chili powder, haldi powder and chicken flavoring and cook till all ingredients are mixed in well together. Add pasta and Soya sauce and stir fry for 2-3 minutes and make sure everything is blended well.



I also added some extra red pepper flakes for added spice and it was excellent. I had it for dinner and I packed the left over’s for lunch the next day. Definitely try this easy and spicy dish! It is a great one pot meal. Until the next delectable blog entry…have a wonderful summery Friday!

PS (I know this LFO song is absolutely stupid, but you gotta admit it you love to hate this song)

0 comments:

 
Life with Extra Mirchi - by Templates para novo blogger