“I know it's up for me, if you steal my sunshine”

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Making sure I'm not in too deep
If you steal my sunshine
Keeping versed and on my feet


It is incredible how attached you get once you are married! I mean you live, breathe, eat and sleep with one person by your side so it’s natural to feel attached. Anyway I know I have harped on how much I miss Bhatji during the week but I can’t help it and I can’t wait till the last day of his internship hehe. I know I am being selfish but I don’t care….I want him home and with me :o)
Ok enough of my sappy blabber. This past weekend was a lil rough. Bhatji and I had some major decisions to make…. our apt lease is ending and we weren’t sure what our future holds for us. We decided to resign our lease and take it one day at a time. If we move (depending on our jobs) then our landlords have asked to find them tenants who will take over our lease and we should be good to go. But for a short while there it didn’t look like our landlords would negotiate a deal where we could be released from our lease if we needed to move. I was really worried…especially because I am such a planner. In college I had to know well in advance which dorm I was going to stay at and which one of my friends was going to my roomie. I had a friend who would wait till the very last minute and people would plan for her! I can’t imagine being that way; it would irritate me to no end. Regardless of all the weekend stress, I am very happy that Bhatji and I will continue in our fabulous apt :o)
On Sunday Bhatji and I finally hung out in old town Alexandria. A lot of my coworkers are amazed that we have been living in the DC area and not visited Alexandria. And so Bhatji and I decided to see if it lived to all the hype. And it did! It was beautiful…reminded me of a typical European town with outdoor cafes, cobble stone roads and a gorgeous water front. The weather was also absolutely perfect. We sat outside and enjoyed a very tasty Thai meal. I can’t wait to go back again one of these days; I am probably going to be taking my parents, sister and my mother in law when she visits. Fun times!
Also this past weekend I had bought a honeydew melon thinking that it would make for a morning snack, but instead I decided to make honeydew juice. During the rough summer months in India, my mom used to make cantaloupe juice which was soooo yummy and refreshing….perfect during the unbearable heat. My mom told me that melons produce a cooling effect within our bodies when we eat them. This is probably why we love watermelons, cantaloupes and honey dew melons during the summer. The honeydew juice turned out very good! It took me back to my summers in India….yes the summers were brutal but my mom, my sister and I used to play cards and consume tons and tons of melon juice to cool down :o) Bhatji too loved it and it was all gone within the weekend! I am going to have make some more. Here is the recipe for a refreshing honeydew juice.

Ingredients:
1 honeydew melon
½ cup of lemon juice
½ cup sugar
¼ cup of honey
2 cups sparkling or plain water, chilled
Ice cubes as needed
Couple of crushed mint leaves
4 slices of lemon for garnish
To Make:
Cut the honeydew melons in half and remove and discard the seeds. Working in batches, puree the honeydew melon, mint leaves in a blender. As each batch is finished, transfer it to a bowl. Add the lemon juice, sugar, honey, water and ice cubes to the puree and mix in a blender to combine until the sugar is dissolved. Cover and set aside at room temperature for at least 1 hour or up to 4 hours to blend the flavors. When it is ready to be served add some sliced lemons to the juice.


Definitely give this juice a try! It is worth the work :o) and perfect for summer outdoors gatherings or while you laze away a summer afternoon. Yay! Mzswats is coming into town tonight and we are doing dinner with my favorite kind of Brownman Neil ;o) Summer is pretty good so far…only wish Bhatji was here! Until the next delicious blog entry...celebrate the sunshine!

PS (the Len song makes absolutely no sense! But it’s catchy none the less)

1 comments:

archana said...

you're making JUICE now?! you will never fail to surprise me anuzi. have you heard of the Soda Club? it is this fabulous contraption that my roommates have me addicted to. basically adds carbonation to any drink of your choice. you could make carbonated melon juice!! ooooooh.

enjoy mzswats! i'm jealous of your sisterly bonding time :(

 
Life with Extra Mirchi - by Templates para novo blogger