“The very thought of you, my love”

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

The mere idea of you
The longing here for you
You'll never know
How slow the moments go
Till I'm near to you


" Christian: You like Billie Holiday?
Cher: I LOVE Him!"

- Clueless < I heart this movie!
Ahh another weekend came and went. I was unable to do my Cherry Blossom picnic because of the unusual cold this spring! So I got some much needed R&R and cooking time. I also met up with Ms. Pai to practice our dance for Ms. Malas upcoming wedding. It took us a while to pick a song and I also realized I had been out of touch with dancing, so I was slow to start choreography. But once I got my niche, the dance Nazi was back in the game and poor Ms. Pai is probably regretting doing this dance with me hehe. I am such a perfectionist when it comes to dancing…timings, hands, expressions etc. No wonder my old dance company girls would call me a Nazi. I realized how much I loved to dance and how much I missed it. Bhatji has always pushed me to start teaching but I don’t know why I have hesitated….maybe soon :o)
In one of my older blogs I had mentioned that I was going to share some interesting/exciting news soon…so here goes: Bhatji has accepted a summer internship in NYC at a really great financial firm. We are both excited about the opportunity, but also anxious about the time that we will be apart and worried about the weekends full of commute as he will be traveling back and forth from DC to NYC since he will still have weekend classes here. I’m happy that he will be staying with my sister in Manhattan, who better to live with than family!
Well this past weekend I made another Thai dish since the garlic shrimp dish was such a hit with Bhatji. I found an easy and yummy recipe for Red curry chicken. And again it was welcomed with pleasure by Bhatji, so I am sharing it with you.
Red curry chicken
Ingredients:
2 skinless chicken breast fillets cut into bite-sized pieces
1 onion finely chopped
3 teaspoons Thai red curry paste
4 cloves garlic chopped
1 can of coconut milk
1 cup chicken stock
2 tablespoons oyster sauce
1 eggplant cut into thin pieces
1 red pepper cut into thin long pieces
2 tablespoons lemon juice
Salt to taste
2 tbl spns of peanut or canola oil
2 cups of Jasmine rice

To Make:
Heat the oil in a large saucepan and cook the onion for 5 minutes. Add the curry paste and garlic and cook, stirring, for a minute. Add the coconut milk, chicken stock, oyster sauce, salt and bring to the boil. Add the red pepper, chicken and eggplant and cover with a lid, then heat on medium and simmer for about 15-20 minutes, checking to see if the chicken is cooked properly. Stir in the lemon juice and take off heat. Serve with Jasmine rice.

Another simple yet yummy dish; until the next recipe Eat happy and healthy.

1 comments:

Roonie said...

HA to the Billie Holiday comment!

 
Life with Extra Mirchi - by Templates para novo blogger