“Ay! Amor es una tortura...perderte!”

Thursday, April 5, 2007

Yo sé que no he sido un santo, pero lo puedo arreglar, amor.
No sólo de pan vive el hombre y no de excusas vivo yo!
Sólo de errores se aprende y hoy sé que es tuyo mi corazón.
Mejor te guardas todo eso, a otro perro con ese hueso y nos decimos adiós!


I am sure the weather Gods are laughing at me. Yes I put way to many eggs in my Easter basket and now I am being punished…for celebrating the fake me out spring warm breezes that came and went. Sigh. It’s cold again and when I say cold I mean freezing temperatures. I was thinking of planning a picnic during the cherry blossoms, but alas that will have to wait until next weekend.
Today during my usual short commute to work, I had so many comments in my head about people, specifically tourists that were here to attend the Cherry Blossom festivities. They were dressed in light sweaters, some in T-shirts while I was rocking my heavy wool pea coat. I liked a girls red tote bad and I loved this dude’s hair…and I was missing Mzswats to share these thoughts with. We would be chattering away in Konkani and no one would know what we were yapping away about them! Soon though my dear sister, we will take NYC subways by the Konkani storm and no one will know what hit them ;o)
Lately I have been trying to make as many healthy meals at home as I can…so along with a simple Palak dhaal I made an easy Broccoli upkari. Its not only yummy, it takes all of 8 mins to make! And Bhatji loves this healthy side dish. So here is the recipe for it.
Ingredients:
2 cups of frozen broccoli heads and steams (Fresh broccoli is better)
3 dried red chilies
1 tsp of mustard seeds
2 tbl spn of olive oil
Salt to taste

To Make:
Heat the 2 tbl spns of olive oil and add the mustard seeds. When they start to splutter, break into halves, add the dry red chilies and heat for about a minute. Add the Broccoli and mix well. Cook for about 5 mins and add the salt. Heat on low for about 2 minutes and you are done. Serve with a dhal or saaru and hot rice.

Hopefully the weather warms up soon and I will start that planning of light meals and sitting out on the balcony. I’m looking forward to my cherry blossom picnic :o) Until the next yummy blog…Happy Eating and Blogging.

0 comments:

 
Life with Extra Mirchi - by Templates para novo blogger