“Ride till I die, Lord knows I stay high, and I love it…Let's go!”

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

We count hundreds on the table, twenty’s on the floor
Fresh outta work and on the way with some more
And I love it yeah... and I love it


What an awesome long weekend! Instead of staying at home and lying on the couch watching mindless TV, Amit and I decided to be a bit more adventurous and go to NYC. Hmm maybe it was Divyesh who talked us into going to NYC since he had a suite at the Waldorf Astoria…or maybe it was the fact that I just wanted some Swati time…whatever the reason, it was an amazing weekend. On Friday night the 2 couples (Divyesh and Colleen, Amit and I) did a late night dinner and drinks night at Café Wha! The music was intoxicating and so was the sangria ;o) Saturday we shopped a lil, ate a lil, talked a lil and invited a huge gang to dinner at Mamba Mexico (great place Divyesh!). After dinner we got down on the floor at La Caverna. The bouncer was a complete racist (coz he wouldn’t leave a bunch of brown people in at one! But clearly let a huge group of white girls in) and I was pissed as hell when I finally got in, thanks to Colleen. I have full intention of writing an angry letter to La Caverna and I will definitely post it on the blog. Anyways after a few drinks I calmed down and danced the night away with Swati and Tina. I saw some Konks, I hadn’t seen in a while which is always fun. On Sunday did lunch at Chinese mirch. The food was excellent and so was the company at the table…well except the complainer (ahem, ahem) Other than seeing the newly married Chaitra and her hubby, an additional surprise was running into Roshni and Kashif. Semi Konk reunion woot woot! Amit and I decided to come back Sunday night so we could sleep in on Monday and do some shopping in the dc area. All in all….it was a great weekend! I hope to do more of those…

Random Ruminations:
1) I don’t like it when people steal my vacation ideas…yes that’s right…I AM A BIG BABY!
2) I don’t like racists. I dont like racist bouncers. Especially when you are black or Indian boucner! Sabs, I’m calling you to help me write this hate letter to La Caverna.
3) Whoever thought of having Hookahs in a bar was a freaking genius!
4) I don’t like people that complain about being excluded from plans when they themselves don’t make efforts to include others in their plans. Besides when you are invited to things don’t harp on the fact that you were not invited to something else…that’s the kinda stuff that gets you excluded in the first place! Sheesh!
5) I love Swati! I love her sarcastic humor! And I love the fact that we were able to make fun of the complainer from #4 for hours! Yes, I am that trife ;o)
6) I love to cook! Never thought I would say it..but I do. More than cooking itself, I love to read recipes. Hehe. I’m such a house wife.

Classes start this week...its go time!

No really…go!

0 comments:

 
Life with Extra Mirchi - by Templates para novo blogger