“Summer breeze, makes me feel fine, blowing through the jasmine in my mind”

Thursday, July 5, 2007

See the smile a waiting in the kitchen
Food cooking and the plates for two
Feel the arms that reach out to hold me
In the evening when the day is through


Ahh summer is in full swing and the remake of the Seals and Croft song by Jason Mraz summarizes Bhatji’s and my summer perfectly! Usually our Friday nights consist of me picking him up from his class and then bringing him home for a hot home cooked meal :o) followed by cuddling up on the couch for a movie. Sigh I truly look forward to Fridays. But this week Bhatji is coming home tonight! My mother in law is visiting us this week….so he wants to spend some extra time with his mommy. This means that there will be some serious Marathi home cooked meals and lots of mother in law and daughter in law bonding time ;o)
Unfortunately I am going to have to make this a really short blog since I have to rush home to teach my first class dance class today! So here’s a recipe I wanted to share for Meena’s Pepper chicken:
Ingredients:
2 large chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
1 large onion, sliced
1 green bell pepper, sliced
7-8 curry leaves
3 green chillies, finely chopped
1 tsp garlic, crushed
1 tbsp soya sauce
salt, to taste
½ tsp crushed black pepper
¼ tsp turmeric powder
¼ tsp red chilli powder
2 tbsp light cooking oil

To make:
Mix chicken pieces with salt, turmeric and chilli powder and set aside to marinate for about an hour. In a non-stick pan, heat oil and fry chicken till brown and cooked through. Remove from pan and set aside.
In the same pan, add more oil if necessary, and sauté curry leaves, green chillies, garlic till fragrant. Add sliced onions and fry till lightly transparent. Add green pepper, salt, and pepper, a fry for another minute or two.
Add fried chicken pieces and soya sauce and cook for 3-4 minutes, allowing flavors to blend well.


It was excellent! Try it and let me know how it goes…until the next yummy blog…enjoy the summer breeze!

0 comments:

 
Life with Extra Mirchi - by Templates para novo blogger